Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scrapbooking To Learn

As the year begins and everything starts to get more organized (HAHAHAHA!!!!....ahem), I am deciding on more details about how we are going to keep records of what we are learning as well as what and how we are going to learn. First of all, without exception I am planning to use the Bible as our textbook, as exclusively as possible! We might throw in a recipe book or a book of science experiments just for fun, or I may even get some ideas from other books, but our core "curriculum" will all be straight from the Bible. I am very excited about this and plan to record as much as possible so I can come back and blog about the days that worked especially well. :)

In addition to that, I also have wanted to do Scrapbooking To Learn for a while now. I think it is a great way to reinforce what they are learning, it is lots of fun, it is a great way to keep track of what we have covered and my kids love to scrapbook! It is also a great way in itself to learn certain things, like reading/writing/spelling/grammar (from journaling), basic math and spacing, various aspects of art, etc.

We are already going through Creation right now. We have a memory verse for each week in addition to reviewing previous weeks. We have only done a couple of days of the 6 day long Creation though, so I think I will have them scrapbook the first two days tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures and post them soon. Our camera is not working though, so I'll do my best with my camera phone. (I don't like it as well, but at least I have it as a backup!)

Check out the Scrapbooking To Learn web site. It is full of great and fun ideas...like this one from another user! Isn't it awesome?! :)

1 comment:

  1. hey, that's pretty cool! I can't wait to hear all about the stuff you do ... I have to live vicariously through my homeschooling friends - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.