Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Natural Mosquito Repellent

I just wanted to save this for later, so I can research each plant a little more. I will need to decide which plants will work better where we live (once we are off-grid, but maybe even here), but I want to use some of these around the perimeter of our yard to repel mosquitoes. I am sooooooo sick of them this year after all the rain we had in the Spring!


The ones I'm listing here are all perennials. I may decide to plant some annuals as well, but I like the idea of not having to regrow plants every year. If I do get some annuals, they will probably be things we will eat or use for remedies or something.

Does anyone have experience using these just for mosquito repellent? I'd love to hear how well they work (or not)!


  • Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
  • Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) 
  • Citronella Grass (Cymbopogon nardus) 
  • Catmint (Nepeta faassenii) 
  • Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium)
  • Catnip (Nepeta cataria)
  • Pitcher Plant (Sarracenia -- This one attracts and EATS mosquitoes, it's carnivorous! So maybe I'd put these in the middle of the yard in case some mosquitoes occasionally breech the barrier, or outside the fence.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.