Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blogging tip!

So I'm starting a new blog because of what happened yesterday. I have no other choice since I can't recover it or use the same name as before. :( What happened was I had logged out of my Google account that I was using regularly, logged into my old account to delete it, and then it read the wrong account or something and deleted my newer account! I was devastated! So because of that, I decided to do something new with my blog that I thought I'd share with anyone who reads this. A tip to back up your blog in a very easy way.

Most of you are probably aware that you can have your entries emailed to you when they are published. I just recently discovered (either this is new or I haven't checked this in a long, long time) that you can send it to up to 10 email addresses now! So I have some email addresses I use for spam and rarely check them. They are just web-based email I've used in the past and never deleted the accounts so I could use them for junk mail like newsletters that I really don't want to read but have to sign up for it to get something for free.....things like that. I think I put a total of four addresses on there, so I shouldn't have to worry now about completely losing everything if something were to happen again.

So it's really easy to do. You just go into the 'settings' tab of the blog you want to put them on. Click on the 'email' tab and it is at the top. You can enter up to 10 addresses separated by commas. And if you only have one email address, there are tons of places you can get more for free, like gmail, hotmail, and Yahoo.

HAPPY BLOGGING! It will be happier for me knowing I won't have to worry about losing this now! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your new blog looks great already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog! I love the photos of the kids - how cute are they! still so sad for you that you lost your blog, but when all is said and done - it was "just" a blog! (but as I've told you, I'd bawl like a baby if it happened to me - and I'd have to remind myself that it's "just" a blog)!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.