Monday, July 16, 2007

Introducing Baby Jack!








Jasper Deacon will be 3 weeks old this Wednesday! He was born on June 27th at 9:32pm. He was only 34 weeks gestation. He weighed 4 lbs and 7 ounces and was measured at 19". Jack was in NICU until today just because he was early, but he was doing very well the entire time and progressed well. He mostly just had to maintain his temperature and eat enough and regularly so he could gain weight. At discharge he weighed 4 lbs and 9.7 ounces and measured 18 1/4" (I wondered if they measured him long like nurses often do, but he is still longer than his sister was at full term). His lowest weight was 3 lbs and 15 ounces, so he had lost half a pound!

I ended up developing the HELLP syndrome (a rare and serious form of preeclampsia) which came on very quickly and can progress very quickly, so the day I was diagnosed was the day he was delivered via c-section. If you want to read the whole birth story, I can send you the link to my birth journal blog (I don't want to post it here), but I have to warn you, it is very long and very emotional. Let me know if you'd like to have the link.

His brothers and sister just love him to death! Both of the boys keep saying how cute he is, and Jayla just smiles at him all the time. They all like to hold him. Because he was in NICU, Jacob just got to meet him today for the first time! The other two have only seen him 2 or 3 times, but I felt bad that Jacob had not even seen his brother yet. Now that he is finally home, our family is complete again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.