Friday, June 22, 2007

pregnancy woes update

So I went to the doctor just to rule out placenta previa, which was my biggest concern. Long story short, the ultrasound looked *perfect* (Jack is looking to be around 8 pounds or so!), and the urine test came back normal. My blood pressure was good while laying on my left side (134/65), but high while sitting up (when Mom took it later in the afternoon). I was told by people I trust not to worry about it as long as the one on my left side is good, but it did concern me at first.

I have been researching other possibilities online in an effort to self-diagnose whatever the problem was. The closest I can come up with is toxemia or possibly preeclampsia. However, yesterday morning's "episode" was so much lighter and shorter.....much more tolerable. Then today I didn't even wake up! NOTHING HAPPENED! I was so relieved to be able to sleep soundly for nearly 5 hours! In fact, I slept so well that I got up to go pee (otherwise I would have slept longer) and then couldn't get back to sleep because of all the energy I have!

Basically, the reason I am seeing such dramatic results so quickly is because I have been very aggressive with certain things. I have made sure to get plenty of rest (I am almost bored to tears), plenty of water and I am taking Hawthorn Berry for the blood pressure, though I may not really need it apparently. It won't hurt me though. I believe the main thing that is working for me though is my diet change. I've been saying all along that I need to "go raw", but I keep making up excuses (some legitimate, but still workable) as to not do it. Well, after my scare this week, I cannot afford NOT to go raw. So I am consuming a 100% raw vegan diet, and I am already feeling a world of difference! My hip pain is even barely noticeable after just one day!!! Myles asked me this morning if I think I could sleep in the bed again soon (I've been sleeping in a recliner for relief), and I told him I probably can if I continue my plan. He laughed and said "I may not want you to now!" LOL! I think he's enjoying having that king size Tempurpedic all too himself a little too much!

I plan to go back to the doctor again next week just to get a more thorough urine test and some blood tests. It can't hurt, and it's free for me! So I think that's about it for now. I'll update again in the next few days. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.