Thursday, May 24, 2007

Two pregnancy dreams

The first was a few weeks ago. In my dream Baby Jack was a few days (maybe 2-3 weeks) old and didn't want to nurse. He was gaining weight just fine, but I couldn't get him to nurse! Finally one day I caught my best friend and my mom spoon-feeding him formula!!! Well, once that little problem was taken care of, he nursed just fine. In the dream I could even see breast milk running down from the side of his mouth! :) He also looked very much like Jonathan. It was a funny, but really cool dream.

The second was last night. I am planning an unassisted birth. In my dream I was out in the pasture behind our house. (We live in the city, but in my dream we were in the country.) The pasture was actually not even our land, but for some reason I was out there doing something! (?) I felt labor start and progress pretty quickly and felt like it wouldn't be long until he was born. The whole labor was almost completely painless, and I didn't feel like I "needed" anyone or anything at the time, so I just gave birth by myself out there in the field! Just a few minutes after he was born, Myles came out and found me, along with the newborn baby, and was naturally surprised! I just giggled and told him everything was fine and I didn't need him! LOL! About that time the kids all came running out, following Daddy, and then we all walked back to the house together, just going on with our daily family life. It was weird that I gave birth in a field by myself that didn't even belong to us, but other than that it was a cool dream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.